Monday, July 14, 2008

No Money No Talk

C: We should place a mirror in the living room and master bedroom, it’ll make the living room and bedroom look more spacious…
A: Brilliant!!!

C: The walls are too plain in white color; maybe we can build a wood panel on one side of the wall like the show house.
A: Hmm, good idea!

C: Hmm, there’s this walkway here, but we want to enclose the kitchen. I think we should ask someone to tailor make a display unit with lights to conceal this walkway, what do you think?
A: Good, I like it.

C: We should custom make a ceiling high shoe rack here, and a bench with cushion top so that we can sit down nicely to wear shoes, good?
A: Of course!


Weeks later….
Z: A wall size mirror at least cost few thousand…
C: I think we should postpone this mirror idea, hor?
A: yealor…

G: Sir, to make some wooden decoration on one side of the wall should cost you at least RM3k.
C: Wow, that’s expensive…
A: Wow, then we gotta drop this fancy idea…

G: Mr, the estimated cost for this tailored made build in display unit plus a wall to conceal the walkway is RM3500.
C: *_*
A: ….

G: And the shoe rack and bench should cost you RM2800.
C: -_-"
A: -_-


Too many ideas, too little money… -_-

7 comments:

KinWah.lai said...

Mirror - IKEA got a very nice mirror, each cost about RM350 if not mistaken, although not the whole wall but still looks very nice.

Wall - i wonder you can use a nice Samsung LCD panel TV and a nice Pioneer/Sony dvd set, hang the TV on the wall and place the dvd set on a nice simple IKEA TV rack.

i can imagine how nice is that ceiling high shoe rack and the bench beside it, but i wonder shuh yong, you can get your shoes or not ... haha.anyway, IKEA got stolmen system that you can build a nice shoe rack if you want

you already start play with you house, i still renting a room ...
sigh dunno when only i got my own house.anyway, where r u now? UK or MY?

MSKY said...

^_^;

Ashley said...

Kin Wah, since when you change your job to Ikea??? haha!! anyway, thanks for your advice, Ikea is definitely one of my choices. =)

I am back in Malaysia now!

Valen Lim said...

IKEA is too expensive for me. Back to your kampung and get it. Should be cheaper a lot!

My house has the room for rent, RM300 only! Cheaper a lot! Consider to rent my room rather than own a house! LOL

Ashley said...

Advertising is strongly prohibited. LOL

Unknown said...

Yes, Valen, you are smart. Ikea products sometimes can be quite expensive and low quality. Sorry, I do not work in Ikea. I think Ikea wont be so smart to hire me also.

Ashley, your situation is exactly like what I have gone through last time. In the end, my whole plaster ceiling + ceiling lights + wiring cost me around RM10,000 in total for the whole house. I was stupid because when I asked the price the contractor just told me part of it - not including wiring and the lights.

And the end result? The plaster ceiling did not even have a hole (normally they do) to fix the wiring in case they fail.

So, lesson learnt. Cut down the fancy renovation. Just make it simple. And simple is nice too..:)

Ashley said...

Yeap, the renovation is definitely a headache one. Plaster ceiling, wiring, lighting, aircon piping, kitchen cabinet, grills, furniture....

Wow, RM 10,000 is really alot for condo's plaster ceiling + ceiling lights + wiring! Mine one should be RM 5,000. Same contracter who did it for my brother's house, it came out well. ^Pray hard^

Yeap, agree! Simple is nice!!! haha, should let my hubby see this cause he likes outstanding design, lol...